Friday, February 18, 2011

Yummy Mummy



For a long time, I never liked having my nails painted.  One of the reasons had to do with the length of my nail bed: it’s quite long so even when my fingernails are cut short, with polish, my whole nail looks so long and when you add that to freakishly long fingers, it’s not very flattering.

Another reason was that I hated when nail polish faded/chipped and it seemed like the polish would only last for a couple of days before looking old and worn out. 

So even though I would have regular pedicures (having my toe nail polish changed every 2 weeks, I hardly ever did anything to my hands.  But over the past 8 months or so, I’ve embraced my freakishly long fingers and have been quite into painting my nails.   But, I had gotten quite bored with pale pinks, light creams or even clear nail polish, when I found a beautiful nude colour. 

Yummy Mummy by Butter London is a gorgeous, rich nude which is so perfect for day (or even night, with a glittery top coat!)
Some nude colours tend to turn a bit orangey on my skin, but this has a hint of pink and just looks beautiful. 

Another plus point is that Butter London polishes (like most OPI) are free from, carcinogens harsh chemicals, etc.  So while a bit on the pricey side (£12), I think it’s worth it.  It was my first time trying this brand and I’m very pleased.  Not only is the colour super rich, but I’ve been wearing the polish for about 4 days now and it still looks so fresh.
I can’t wait for my next colour to arrive: “No More Waity Katie.”





2 comments:

Traveler said...

wow! so many updates! but i agree with you i think this color looks really pretty. i haven't painted my nails in so long either....... i like to do strange colors like hot pink lol.

Safoora said...

I love hot pink too! It reminds me of summer :)