Thursday, February 17, 2011

My husband, the chef

I'm so lucky to have a wonderful husband. Not only is he sweet, gives great advice, makes me laugh with his awesome (read: corny) jokes and is incredibly good looking....but he also cooks! And that too, happily!

And while we do cook together and it is fun, it can also be a bit stressful.  We usually have "heated discussions" regarding measurement, salt, or olive oil*. 

BUT when he's in a kitchen by himself and working his magic, beautiful things appear. Things such as this Beef Wellington. I'd like to say he made the pastry from scratch, but alas, no. Maybe for the next time...


The recipe he used: Beef Wellington

*Why are some TV chefs (read: Jamie Oliver) so overzealous with the use of olive oil? I swear, the food is drenched in it: the starter, main, and probably dessert too!

No comments: